This Glass Fusing Ceramic Mold Bundle Contains Everything a Fuser Needs to Cast a Foot Disk, Then Drape a Bowl and Fuse a Short-Stemmed Foot to the Base
The ‘Starfire Bowl with Stem Foot’ process is simple:
- Create a 10” to 12” (25 to 31 cm) diameter flat-disk design then fuse it to your desired fusing level.
- Cast a 3-1/4” (85 mm) x 1/4” (6 mm) glass disk in the C105 Foot Casting Mold using 90 grams of leftover scrap glass pieces from your project.
- Stack one set of F500 Foot Rings to create the ‘V’ shaped cone assembly. These precision cut, reinforced rings will retain their thickness and shape throughout the drape firing process.
- Place your pre-fused flat-disk on the M35 Starfire mold, then center the Foot Ring cone assembly and stack the Cast Foot disk on top of the cone.
- Set the kiln controller to the recommended drape fire schedule (included in the 12 page Instruction Booklet) to shape the bowl, create the stemmed foot profile and fuse the foot – all in the same firing.
B235 Starfire Bundle contains:
- M35 Starfire Drape Mold
- C105 Foot Casting Mold
- 3 sets – F500 Stackable Fusing Foot Rings
- 12 page Instructional Booklet
- Suggested retail price: $149.95 (US)
In Stock and Available Now
FREE – Graffiti Bowl ePattern for the M35 Starfire Drape Mold with Step-by-Step Instructions to add a Stemmed Foot using the Foot Mold and Rings System.
The M35 Starfire Drape Mold is featured in Wardell Publications book ‘Joy of Fusing’ (on page 35). This unusual mold enables fusers to create a shape in their kiln that is strikingly reminiscent of a blown glass bowl. This full-size ePattern for the Graffiti Bowl is provided to support the detailed instructions in the 12-page color booklet that is included with the M35 Starfire Drape Mold or the B235 Starfire Bundle.
To get this Graffiti Bowl eProject simply Register your Starfire Mold then download the eProject immediately.